Busy time of the year in our home…
Boo turned 5 and is off to Kindergarten in a few short days. Daughter No.4 is off to Gr 9, No. 5 is off to Gr 10, No 3 is still in the planning stages but last we heard January is her planned college start date, No 2 is starting a new life in a new apartment with her partner and No 1 is still teaching and happy with her choices.
The promise of Fall bring with it , bazaars, bake sales, Christmas planning…and new opportunities for growth!
I am excited at the prospects, I am thrilled at the chance to meet new people…and I am in cream cheese and pumpkin heaven! The combination tempts me, adds calories to my waistline, and brings with it a promise of divinity! I am including the recipe that I use from www.Food.com…they taste just like the muffins available at Starbucks, and even the kids look forward to waking up to them for breakfast.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- chopped pumpkin seeds (optional) or walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the entire brick of cream cheese on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
- Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
- Unwrap and cut with a sharp knife so each cream cheese disk equals 1-2 teaspoons. If the cream cheese disks are too big around, cut thick slices and then cut them in half. This allows you to push it down into the batter easier.
- Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
- Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups) half full.
- Put cream cheese disc in the middle, pressing down.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part ***do not touch the cream cheese!***
Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. ***Do not touch the cream cheese until it cools You have been warned***